Tuesday, February 23, 2010

putting back the pieces

I need to fill myself once again with confidence, light, and determination. I am feisty and ferocious. I can bite through the obstacle set before me. I have let myself become so trampled by others it is embarrassing. I used to chide people for judging themselves against others and that is exactly what I have allowed myself to do. I know somewhere in my stomach or my lungs that I am an amazing human being and no one else can overshadow that. I was not compared to you before I met you, so why should I be now? I lived before you and so shall I again. I had no idea how much I had entwined myself. I am claiming the pieces and the pride back. I am gathering myself and heading back into the world. Defiance and strength. I need to separate myself from the masses in my head. I am unique and special and the right people will take note of that. Right now the only person who needs to love and respect me is myself. I have no control over what other people think about me or do to me, but I do have control over how I let it effect me. I have control over myself and I need to reclaim that.